We are a team of enthusiasts who are building a future where thoughts stay private, data belongs to users and software functions much like our brains.
# What is Anytype?
Anytype is a decentralized Web 3.0 productivity tool with a mission to become a knowledge-sharing social ecosystem. Anytype aids in connecting your ideas, files, documents and people in your life into a unique knowledge graph that you truly own - data is stored on your device and can be accessed without the internet, while syncing with your other devices in a local p2p network.
Currently, thousands of people are using Anytype to organize their thoughts, life, work and interests: personal note-taking or task management systems, knowledge databases,etc. We are supported by a passionate community; 50.000 people await our beta as of now.
While you can use Anytype like any of the productivity/note-taking tools on the market these days, we believe that our infrastructure, product architecture, and mission set us apart from the rest. Here’s how:
We are offline-first natively. You don't have to bother connecting to the server. Your laptop, installed with the Anytype application, can act as a server.
We offer sovereignty. We can't limit your access to your data; the data is stored on your device and can be synchronized using a p2p connection with your other devices without access to the Internet and a backend node.
Times like today are the very reason we are building the tools to empower human collaboration. It’s why basic rights such as privacy, the freedom to connect and share information with those you trust, independent of big tech or nation states, are intrinsic elements of the software we create.
We have our own conceptual system comprised of objects, sets and relations, that allow users to build their own knowledge graphs - similar to how our brains work.
Next year, we will introduce the ability to create communities, publish objects, and collaborate with others, so in Anytype you can both create your own "digital brain" while taking advantage of a collective knowledge database.
Anytype is committed to open source.
# Our team
We’re a small community of passionate, open-minded people who love using disruptive technologies to build next-gen software.
We work in small feature teams using agile practices (the non-annoying kind ;) ). We value our atmosphere of acceptance and having fun at work, but are committed to continuous improvement and open to change.
We are a remote-friendly team working from all around the globe. We have our team members working in many time zones.
Our android part is a cohesive team of 3 people.
# Our ideal team member is
- A software engineer who shares our passion to make the world a better place :)
- A self-managed, open-minded person able to communicate and resolve problems as they arise
- We like team players and mindful people.
- Someone who can make decisions amidst uncertainty
- Not discouraged if you don’t have enough knowledge; rather, you know how to learn fast and effectively to perform your job
- Love to build rich and complete feature experiences for our users
- Love to write tests
- Enjoy (and are good at) building complex UI
- Experienced in algorithmic design and integration (not necessary, but nice to have)
# Your opportunities
- Work from anywhere in the world - remote-friendly environment
- Work to build the next generation software to make better future for people
- Work in small team of enthusiasts, where your voice is important
- We pay money :) and we have options plan
- We’re a startup and prefer to make decisions fast (less bureaucracy for you)
- You can take responsibility and have huge impact on how Anytype will look like
- We provide partial reimbursement for devices, English-speaking lessons, and sessions with psychologists
- We provide relocation support
- You can have smart vacations, sick leave and day off policy
# Tech details
- A bit of Compose
- Clean architecture
- Most front-end work is related to our block editor, which includes complex interactions and UI
- Most internal work is done on a cross-platform golang backend library, which allows devices to act like server nodes. (So you don’t need to worry about retrofitting/database issues.)
- The main challenges for you as a developer will be evolving architecture, building complex UIs, and rapid feature delivery
PS: If you are working from countries with limited capital movement through the border we can’t offer a reliable way to transfer money to you, but we can discuss terms.